Our aims in working with young people are to help them to manage their:
- relationships with Outreach Workers and other professionals
- relationship with peers, neighbours, family, etc.
- personal and domestic hygiene
- emotional well-being
- future plans.
- We contract with social services with the following explicit aims:
- to provide real life experience and high quality independence training and support
- to tailor our support packages and accommodation to meet individual's needs
- to provide an adult role model that will be available to give support and advice when required
- to provide Young People with the chances to make informed choices about their lives
- to ensure that we only use staff who can demonstrate skills in child development, community involvement, youth justice, advocacy, motivational techniques, parenting, sexual health, etc.
- to provide assessment, planning and review documents as specified by the service provision of each scheme
- to provide a detailed monthly/bi-monthly report on each Young Person
- to attend regular meetings with referring agencies to discuss the placement and progress of the individual
- to offer 24 hour telephone access to an Outreach Worker.
Specific objectives with young people will include some or all of the following:
- to develop independent living skills
- to increase self-esteem and sense of self-worth
- to assist in personal development
- to develop positive peer group relations
- to develop appropriate relationships with authority figures
- to decrease a criminal mindset and behaviour
- to increase and diversify a young person’s recreational and leisure activities
- to teach the young person to use their spare time in a more constructive manner
- to develop a sense of responsibility and accountability for their own behaviour
- to increase social skills, problem solving skills, communication skills and self care skills
- to decrease impulsive, out of control behaviour and increase their ability to manage it
- to develop appropriate expressions of sexuality in the young person.